Irish Blessing

“May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields. And until we meet again, May Mother Earth hold you in the hollow of her hand.”

Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fool's Day


Wanting so badly to play a little trick with my kid today was at the top of my mind. I remember my dad always doing a little silly thing on this, the first day of April. But as I thought of the consequences of such a sweet and funny moment and the turmoil he may experience. The unexpected, the not planned will bring on the stressed and puffed out child with a face that screams, "What the heck is going on?" So, once again, I will let one of my memories of childhood remain my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment