Irish Blessing

“May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields. And until we meet again, May Mother Earth hold you in the hollow of her hand.”

Monday, April 18, 2011

res·pite/ˈrespət/Noun

res·pite/ˈrespət/Noun

1. A short period of rest or relief from something difficult or unpleasant.

My husband and I went on a little adventure just the two of us. Our kid had a troop camp out planned which I usually attend. This year we decided to take the break! It was wonderful. We only complained about him twice and both times it was right before bed to my dearest cousin. The poor thing. He was gracious and accommodating. On the car ride home we had to quiet each other and remind ourselves to be positive, at least for now.

It is strange to miss your dogs more than your child. I wanted to hear every last detail about his scout adventure but I knew I would have to be happy to hear the smallest of detail. He did talk for about 5 minutes when we first were all together but the rest of Sunday was just like it was on the previous Friday except that my husband and I were calm which made it much easier to stay positive and light.

Three things I will remember from this trip:
1. Laughing is so much fun.
2. Sun rises are still my favorite thing.
3. The Hidden Forest and how it made me feel when we came upon it.

We will work hard to have another weekend, just the two of us, sooner than 2 years from now. It did us a world of good. As it will to those of you who read this too!

No comments:

Post a Comment