Irish Blessing

“May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields. And until we meet again, May Mother Earth hold you in the hollow of her hand.”

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Letting Go

Today I resigned from my secretary position and popcorn kernal for my son's Boy Scout Troop. At the beginning both my husband and I were very involved in the camp outs, food drives and other scouting adventures but that slowly went away. Kyle was first. He resigned from scouting completely, oh, at least a year and a half ago. I have persisted, although each week getting less and less involved. I decided I could be 100% involved in the parent meetings but this to has been taken away.
Isn't it horrible to say that something has been taken away by your own child? Well, in a way it has. We have been advised to let go of our participation once again as parents. And it is so sad. I can't help but sob, for yet, another loss. My mother was my scout leader until I was a junior in high school and she was great! She was also the Director of the Council for 15 years. Scouting is a big deal and I was so excited to get my son involved in such a great organization.
Accepting him for what he is will be better, I hope. I just can't see how not being present for your child is helpful but I will trust those who have traveled this path before. It is all that is left to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment