Irish Blessing

“May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields. And until we meet again, May Mother Earth hold you in the hollow of her hand.”

Thursday, April 28, 2011

How To Be Alone

thanks to a creative mind Tanya Davis, and Caspiana, for posting a wonderful video called How To Be Alone. i am reminded that I am one who has always treasured being alone. lately i have forgotten to be really alone, not just at home reading another therapeutic book. this video has reminded me of that. it relayed to me what i am feeling is best for my son - is the best thing. shocking, for sure.
i feel like it has been me against the world in regards to my son. his charming outwardly appearance wins everyone over and i can't seem to get any one to take me seriously enough to move forward. well, yesterday was different. i started emailing his teachers and demanding a meeting. saying things like, "he doesn't need excuses, he needs skills!" Ya!
and, and
well
i took some video into the therapist. i have been taping my child for some time now trying to figure out... well, him. he is very intriguing, many layers and the layers change. well, we all know what i am talking about. the therapist jumped into action. she contacted his skills trainer to see when she can view him in a school setting, she contacted the teachers wanting to participate in setting up an IEP, and most of all she saw it. She saw it!
even through my mistakes, she still saw what i see
and my other mistakes, she still saw it
day in
day out

now to trust
some more

i just don't want him to slip through the cracks any longer
it is not fair to him

being alone
i have been very much alone
with my daily life

i am ready to be alone
like sitting on a bench

just sitting

No comments:

Post a Comment